2016/05/24

Ekiden Relay

I enjoyed Ekiden & Music. It is a 26.2 mile run that's broken up into 6 person relay run, with each runner running distances no more than 6 miles each. A few years back I was supposed to run this with "Runners Route" running store, but missed it due to military training. There is another Ekiden Relay in Honolulu, but not as scenic as Ekiden & Music. I like this one because of it being very scenic, organized, and a lot of cheering supporters at each relay point which brings alot of excitement. This Ekiden race extends all the way out to Hawaii Kai, from Queen Kapiolani Park/Diamond Head which gives runners views of Koko Head, and that entire Hawaii Kai coastline.

This one definitely ranks high up there with all of the other great races on Oahu. I'm very happy that I had the opportunity to run this, and it definitely will not be my last. This was my first return to Hawaii race I ran, after moving off of island back to Chicago which made it very special, and I did it with my old running group.

Enjoy, if you're considering Ekiden & Music! I had a blast! The Japanese runners that come out to this event are very down to earth, and made me smile during the event with their enthusiasm. This race also has a great finishers medal  : )


No comments: