2016/07/09

Run To End Homelessness 5k - Chicago

I registered for this race in 2014, and ran it in 2015. Running it again in 2016! What attracted me to this race was their strong desire to help veterans that are homeless. Me being a veteran myself totally supports this events approach to helping veterans in getting back on their feet, because it's a rough transition from military to civilian. 

 The event itself had a huge turnout, with many veterans along the course near the finish. What made my day was seeing the many Marine Corps veterans, which instantly put a smile on my face. 

 This course starts at Douglas Park, and takes you through North Lawndale neighborhood;finishing at Douglas Park. Big shout out to A Safe Haven for putting on a great event, and if you are a veteran or support veterans this is your event. 

No comments: