2016/01/23

Bad Apple Of Ethnicities

Being an African American male, I have to bring my ‘A-Game’ at everything that I do.  I’m not violent, and yes I was raised in a broken home by a single mother, but that does not mean that I should be looked at differently.  According to Census Bureau, 70 percent of African American families are headed by single women.  Yes, many African American males that are raised in broken homes have greater chances of turning to the street life to survive.  A life of drugs, gangs, violence, and lacking education due to the way they were raise.  Growing up with no father in your life, who do you have to emulate? I grew up in that same broken home as them, but that does not make me like them.  My life has evolved around doing what my father did not do, and avoiding the life of violence, alcohol and drugs.  Our race is highlighted for all of the negative things, but none of the good things.  There are many successful African American males in this world, and ignorance is not just in the African American race, so why must we all be looked at as the bad apple of ethnicities.  There are Hispanics, Caucasians, and Asians who commit violence also.  Last time I checked the definition of African American, it did not mean being uneducated, violent, or ignorant, so why must we all be looked at in that negative manner.

No comments: